The sacral chakra is the pleasure center of the body – the place where desire, creativity and passion stem from. By paying attention to the thoughts, feelings, actions and reactions within your body, you can determine if your sacral chakra needs healing. Do you truly enjoy life? Are you really experiencing it and feeling fulfilled, creative and excited? Or do you feel numb, empty and uninspired? When this chakra is in balance, you have balance in your life – your experiences are more fulfilling, things satisfy you and you don’t feel the need to chase more; you feel inspired, creative and alive.
Part of healing this chakra involves taking a closer look at your relationships – do they serve you well or are they harming your being? Balancing this chakra can help you bring your relationships and connections with others into harmony.
The gifts associated with this chakra are everything to do with creativity and flexibility.
- Physical gifts include: being fully present in your body, being open to new experiences and being comfortable in your sexuality and pleasure.
- Mental gifts: creativity, confidence, easily flowing ideas, feelings of freedom to live your truth, feelings of courage to make changes, ability to flow with change and feeling an openness to new experiences.
- Emotional gifts: experiencing passion about a person or project, being emotionally connected – feelings of abundance, pleasure, playfulness, joy, fulfillment, and satisfaction in everything including romantic relationships.
- Spiritual gifts: being connected to you inner self and accessing your intuition easily.
The challenges associated with this chakra being out of balance include anything to do with change, creativity or sexuality.
- Physically challenges: Feeling disconnected from your body, perhaps even finding your own touch unpleasant; suffering in the area of the lower back and hips; feeling fatigued with no energy to do anything; and feeling sexually blocked.
- Mental challenges: feeling a lack of creativity, inspiration, passion, excitement; lack of satisfaction with anything, low self-worth, co-dependency, addictive behaviors of any kind, insatiable desires, overthinking things, and feeling bored and listless.
- Emotional challenges: feeling that nothing gives you pleasure, embarrassment, shame or guilt around pleasure due to the environment you grew up in or traumatic experiences, fear of happiness or pleasure (causing you to self-sabotage), fear of change, wishy-washiness, feeling emotionally unstable, and being emotionally numb.
- Spiritual challenges: struggling to form connections with others, not feeling like your true self (leading to a lack of self-worth), feeling repressed from living your emotions and desires freely.
When the sacral chakra is in balance, you can access the gifts associated with this chakra.
Find a healing technique that fits you and feels right, set the intention to heal the sacral chakra and then allow whatever method you have chosen to work for you. Do this as many times you as you feel you need it.
A few techniques to heal the sacral chakra:
- Listen to an audio or meditate on your own. Meditation can help you release the unwanted.
- This can help you identify beliefs that you have that may not be your own, behaviors that you developed either to fit others’ expectations or as a release for yourself, and your emotional triggers.
- Close your eyes, sit quietly, focus on what you are feeling.
- Allow the thoughts to come and then write down whatever comes to you.
- Ask yourself questions to hone in on your beliefs or triggers on any subject.
- Write these beliefs down. Do they fit you? If not, do you want to let go of them?
- What beliefs would you like to replace them with instead?
Breathing to reset your emotions:
- Through deep breathing you can reset your being.
- Find a quiet spot, close your eyes and see what your emotions are telling you.
- What are you feeling? Let the feelings come, whatever they may be.
- Know that no matter what comes up for you, it’s okay.
- Does this emotion serve you? If not, it’s time to release it.
- Take a deep breath and make the emotion a visual – whatever the picture that comes to you. Then see yourself dissolving this emotion.
- Take a deep breath and visualize the release of this toxic emotion. Do this for every emotion that comes up and no longer serves you.
- As this is the element associated with the sacral chakra, care for your body within by drinking water, and externally by experiencing the calming effects of water.
- Spend time taking a relaxing bath, perhaps with a few drops of essential oil.
- Relax by going for a swim, sitting near the ocean, or spending time near lakes, rivers or streams; dangle your feet in the water.
- Begin by setting the intention to shift your energy and heal your sacral chakra.
- Make this a slow, relaxed practice.
- Based on the location of this chakra, we focus on the hip-opening poses: wide-angle seated forward bend, cobbler’s pose, yogi squat, goddess pose, pigeon pose, reverse warrior pose, and happy baby pose,
- As orange represents the sacral chakra, orange gemstones for this chakra include like citrine, carnelian, orange calcite, and moonstone
- Sandalwood, patchouli, orange, rose and ylang-ylang.
What method of healing have you tried for healing the sacral chakra? What are your results?
Be Well, Be Blessed